oldrailbird

Push a button...Pick a winner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stockton, California, United States

Some call me OlRailbird.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Goal well met!

The 2005 Breeder's Cup is now history! Congrats to all the winners and my condolences to the losers.

The grind to get a new program working paid off with two healthy winners -- STEVIE WONDERBOY ($11.00) and INTERCONTINENTAL ($32.20). After the races, I tweaked the track data a wee bit to move SAINT LIAM and SHIROCCO to the top of list. I may have whacked German tracks to get SHIROCCO, but the other change seems legit.

Unfortunately, I tried to press my luck on the small potato tracks. That experiment did not go well, but hopefully I tuned their data a bit. I think I need to stay on the major circuits as bandaged animals just don't spin around the track properly.

Even after the tweaking, I couldn't score a gimmick. Beginning to think I should stick with win bets and gimmicks involving winners only (pick 3, etc.) Might have got the 1st BC triple had I played it -- Folklore was no stretch and the other 2 were on top ($341 for the taking.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Steven G. Berry said...

Hey! Spam comments! I love it!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home