oldrailbird

Push a button...Pick a winner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stockton, California, United States

Some call me OlRailbird.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

87 degrees still bad

The first six races Thursday were absolutely unhandicappable. The temperature was about 87 for most of the afternoon, but cooled as the last two races ran.

Oddly, my top selections won the last two races...

Ok, maybe this post seems like sour grapes, I'll accept that. But the fact is that nothing has made much sense to me over the last "hot" week until the last two races on Thursday at about 84 Fahrenheit.

On top of that, it seemed to me as as the temperature at Arcadia dropped, the better my higher selections ran. I can't prove this, but it seems to me that heat is inversly proportional to favorites over the new Pro Ride surface at Santa Anita.

Hopefully, the summer heat is over and we can begin to handicap races without the artificial surface problems. If heat of say 85 degrees and above screws up the track, maybe the Breeder's Cup will go on without a hitch three (colder) weeks from now.

85F, that's my final answer. Anything above this temperature is like feeding Gremlins after midnight -- nothing good can come from it. Don't feed the Santa Anita Gremlins overs 85F!

As I predicted, there is a carryover for tomorrow of $62,119. My guess is that despite large fields, there are enough solid favorites to ensure someone is going home with all the money tomorrow.

If you want your share, I suggest you consider my selections at:

www.horsecalc.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home